Unable to open PostgreSQL large object

From: "Julie May" <julie(at)ccorb(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Unable to open PostgreSQL large object
Date: 2003-05-22 21:21:13
Lists: pgsql-novice
Once again I am having difficulties with large object. I was finally able to get all my functions and triggers straightened out but now I can't seem to open the large object. Since the last time I was able to open the large objects I have changed my operating system to Linux8. I'm using Postgresql 7.3.2 and php 4.3.1.

I found one person who has posted the same problem http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/1999-06/msg00322.php. He used the following solution:

<solution>
"After I updated to LinuxPPC R5 I had to recompile Postgres to use glibc2...
and the compiler with R5 is egcs 2.91.66. After getting some help from the
Postgres mailing list it turned out that the linux_ppc template needed to
change the compiler optimization flags from CFLAGS:-O2 to -O0. Then it ran
without problem, but before then I had many "oid" errors."
</solution>

If I need to change my linux_ppc template I probably need some help on how to do that. Or some ideas on what else I can try.

This is the code I used to try and open the large object:

<my code>
pg_exec ($db, "begin transaction");
$handle=pg_loopen($db,$row['signature'],"r");  //also tried with assigning the array value to a variable
$bitmap=pg_loreadall($handle);
echo substr($bitmap, 17);
pg_loclose($handle);
pg_exec ($db, "end transaction");
</my code>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Julie

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Jason EarlDate: 2003-05-22 21:27:56