Fw: psqlodbc - PostgreSql 8.0 - Errors accessing tables using ODBC - PostgreSql 8.0

From: Alexandra - Gestão XXI Sistemas e Soluções <alexandra(at)gestao21(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fw: psqlodbc - PostgreSql 8.0 - Errors accessing tables using ODBC - PostgreSql 8.0
Date: 2005-09-01 13:43:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Please note that going through some tests accessing PostgresSql 8.0 data base, using ODBC (as a default for the db), we noticed some errors that did not occur in the previous 7.02.00.05, as fallows:

1. When selectin information from the chart that contains accent as ("~", "ç","´", "^") the db transforms these characters to some strange ones and does not bring the selection as asked.

Ex. Select * from Parametros where Codigo_Empresa = '01' and Codigo_Parametro = 'Gestão XXI'

Performing this direct in the db the information is there, although, via ODBC it does not bring the information

2. We work with an aplication developed in VB, using the grid32.ocx, when we run the select command joining with some others charts, it returns with the Overflow error

We thank you very much with your help and await you soluction for it

Atenciosamente,

Alexandra
Depto. Analise
(11) 4224-2001