Re: Why queries takes too much time to execute?

From: "Anderson Boechat Lopes" <teouique(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why queries takes too much time to execute?
Date: 2004-05-10 17:36:39
Lists: pgsql-performance
    Hum... now i think i´m beginning to understand.

    The vacuum analyse is recommended to perform at least every day, after
adding or deleting a large number of records, and not vacuum full analyse.
I´ve performed the vacuum full analyse every day and after some time i´ve
noticed the database was corrupted. I couldn´t select anything any more.
    Do you think if i perform vacuum analyse once a day and perform vacuum
full analyse once a week, i will get to fix this problem?

    Thanks for help me, folks.

    PS: Sorry for my grammar mistakes. My writting is not so good. :)