Problem in Remote PostgreSQL connection.

From: "vasudeva" <vasudeva(dot)r(at)eximsoft(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem in Remote PostgreSQL connection.
Date: 2001-06-29 01:41:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Remote PostgreSQL connection.
   When I tried to connect to PostgreSQL DB from a remote system in another network , where a firewall is also installed, using JDBC driver
   I am getting an error 'NoRouteToHostException'.

   Scenario:
    Client for PostgreSQL(System-A):is also a webserver with apache,tomcat and postgresql installed on it. The Firewall (IPChains) is also installed on this system.
    My web application has to connect to a remote PostgreSQL in another network
   postgresql version on this system : 7.0.3

    Remote DB(System-B): is also a webserver where apache , tomcat , postgresql are installed . CLient has to get data from this DB.
   postgresql version on this system: 7.0.3

   What I did :
   1.In firewall  entry on Sys-A, i have given permission for the Postgres port(5432) for Sys-B IP address ,both input and also output permissions.
   2.In pg_hba.conf on Sys-B , I have added the host entry for client IP address (Sys-A) and also the server IPaddress(Sys-B)

  I am using postgres JDBC driver in my web application to access DB. url " jdbc:postgresql://Sys-B IP/dbName"

  when i invoke my application I am getting the error as NoRouteToHostException.

  When I ran the same application from another system(Sys-C) which is in the same network as Sys-B (no firewall ), I am able to access DB, Without any entry in
  pg_hba.conf file on remote PostgreSQL (Sys-B) .

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: vasudevaDate: 2001-06-29 01:45:51
Previous:From: RenatoDate: 2001-06-28 22:03:58
Subject: JDBC and security