Job posting: Database Developer, Berlin (Germany)

From: "Xenja Bossowa" <xenja(dot)bossowa(at)affinitas(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Job posting: Database Developer, Berlin (Germany)
Date: 2010-04-09 14:50:17
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to send you a job posting related to our vacancy in the
database development. Our company is situated in Berlin, Germany and is
working with an international team for seven European markets. I would be
very pleased to get a confirmation that you received my job posting.

Thank you very much in advance and wish you a nice weekend!

Yours sincerely

Xenja Bossowa

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

The company Affinitas GmbH, founded in 2008 and managing the brand eDarling
(www.edarling.de), is one of the leading online dating services in Europe.
eDarling applies to sophisticated singles who are looking for a successful,
long-term relationship. Our matchmaking principle is based on a scientific
personality test which enables us to identify the compatibility of our
couples. The Affinitas GmbH is financed by venture capital of successful
investors like Holtzbrinck Venture GmbH, the Investment Bank Berlin
Brandenburg (IBB) and eHarmony Inc. We are currently employing about 100
highly qualified people in the centre of Berlin, Germany. As a fast growing
company we are active in several other European markets including Austria,
France, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain and Switzerland.

At the moment we are looking for a

Database Developer (m/f)

Your tasks:

As our Database Developer you are managing the conception, development and
the operation of a distributed database infrastructure. Moreover you are
coordinating together with the developing team the ideal access strategies
for the datasets in the customer and data warehouse databases. In addition
the following tasks will be yours:

Ø Working on your own responsibility in all phases of the software
development

Ø Co-design and further development of a platform based upon the latest
technologies

Ø Performance analysis, database system design, set-up and operation of a
data warehouse

Your profile:

Ø Completed technical degree and/or comparable job training

Ø 2 year project experience in the field of database development and
design

Ø Substantiated knowledge in ER-design, SQL-databases like PostgreSQL or
Oracle

Ø Very good skills in SQL and in the development of Stored Procedures with
plpgsql or PL/SQL

Ø Open und proactive style of communication

Ø Creativity, flexibility and capacity for team work

Ø Commitment, motivation and initiative

Ø Very good English skills

Our offer:

We offer you a very demanding and exciting task in an entrepreneurial
working environment. Your position offers space for your own ideas in a fast
growing company where you have the chance to develop your professional
horizon very fast. An attractive and fair payment as well as a pleasant
working atmosphere completes our offer.

Are you interested in this position? Please send us your application to
<mailto:work(at)edarling(dot)de> work(at)edarling(dot)de with reference to “Application as
Database Developer”. We are looking forward to hear from you!

Xenja Bossowa

Personalreferentin

Affinitas GmbH | Saarbrücker Straße 20/21 | 10405 Berlin | Germany

email: <mailto:michael(dot)scholz(at)affinitas(dot)de> xenja(dot)bossowa(at)affinitas(dot)de |
tel: +49 30 991949540 | www.edarling.de

Geschäftsführer: Lukas Brosseder, David Khalil, Kai Rieke, Christian
Vollmann

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Berlin, HRB 115958

computerbild_logo