A and C not B

From: "Chad Thompson" <chad(at)weblinkservices(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A and C not B
Date: 2002-09-11 21:38:01
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have a table that lists numbers and gives them a rank either 'A' or 'B'.  There is a ranking of 'C' if the number is not in this table.
I have another that lists numbers.

It is very easy to find which number is A or B or C, or A and B.  But if i wanted to find A and C, or B and C, I cannot figure out a sql statement that would give me that.

This is probably very simple, but I am not the best at sql and so cannot wrap my head around it.

Thanks in advance
Chad

pgsql-novice by date