RANDOM function?

From: "macky" <macky(at)edsamail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RANDOM function?
Date: 2001-07-31 05:41:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

can someone point me to the documentation of RANDOM() function....

and can i insert RANDOM POSTIVE WHOLE NUMBERS...?

create table table_name (key int4);

insert into table_name(key) values(random()); <-- this gives me a value of
1 and 0 only..

The information contained in this message (including any attachments)
is confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the
named addressee(s). It must not be copied, distributed nor disclosed
to any person. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
it from your system and notify sender immediately. Any disclosure,
copying or distribution thereof or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance thereon is prohibited and may be unlawful.