Re: Python + PostgreSQL

From: "David Lloyd-Jones" <david(dot)lloyd-jones(at)attcanada(dot)ca>
To: "Bob Kline" <bkline(at)rksystems(dot)com>, "David Lloyd-Jones" <david(dot)lloyd-jones(at)attcanada(dot)ca>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>, "Antonio Navarro Navarro" <hostmaster(at)bemarnet(dot)es>, "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Python + PostgreSQL
Date: 2000-08-04 16:31:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
From: "Bob Kline" <bkline(at)rksystems(dot)com> asks:

> On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, David Lloyd-Jones wrote:
>
> > The full text of the O'Reilly book Learning Python is online at
> > http://www.ibooks.com/ free of charge -- as a promotion for giving
> > them your e-mail address. They are a new venture hoping to sell
> > "e-books" over the Net, so this is a promotion to get their list
> > started, and Learning Python isone of the four books they make
> > available as a freebie.
>
> Interesting.  Unfortunately, their home page doesn't say anything about
> this.  Have a more direct URL?

Hi Bob,

Here's my URL for it:

http://www.ibooks.com/SiteSrvr/SSS007X9JCVYKRB0NK5CNL765KAWJ1MKEU3FG/bmrsrc/
WPgs/SiteBrowser.htm?Op=7&BIN=1&frames=1

Problem is, that addresses a cookie on my disk after I've registered for it.

You might give the first part of that, http://www.ibooks.com/SiteSrvr/, a
try and see what happens. Alternately, look for the penguin on the right
hand side of the page, and look at the fine print in its vicinity.

                                             Cheers,

                                                     -dlj.