Re: Cursor

From: "Bob Pawley" <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cursor
Date: 2008-07-29 21:42:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Following is more complete. The balance of the trigger that is not shown
works when tested separately. I didn't include it because it is quite long.

Bob

DECLARE
process_total integer ;
process_id integer ;
procgraphic cursor for select process_id from p_id.p_id, processes_count
where p_id.p_id.p_id_id = processes_count.p_id_id;

begin

Insert into processes_count (p_id_id)
select new.p_id_id from project.project ;

Select count (p_id.p_id.process_id) INTO process_total
FROM p_id.p_id, processes_count
Where p_id.p_id.p_id_id = processes_count.p_id_id;

Open procgraphic;

Fetch first from procgraphic into process_id;

Update p_id.p_id
set proc_graphic_position = one
From graphics.proc_position, processes_count
where graphics.proc_position.proc_count = process_total
and process_id = p_id.p_id.process_id;