Re: Problem with initdb failing

From: "Paul R(dot) Sand" <paul_sand(at)mverify(dot)com>
To: "'Jason Tishler'" <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: "'Pgsql-Cygwin'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with initdb failing
Date: 2003-11-03 18:51:22
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jason,

Thanks again for your help. I have gotten further, I configured the group
and password files. Now I do get a log file produces when I try to start
ipc-daemon2 as a service -- a transcript of my session follows:

paul_sand(at)mverify3 ~
$ cygrunsrv -S ipc-daemon2
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

paul_sand(at)mverify3 ~
$ ls /var/log
apache exim ipc-daemon2.log setup.log setup.log.full wtmp

paul_sand(at)mverify3 ~
$ cat /var/log/ipc-daemon2.log
(ipc-daemon2) Unable to open "Sem" file: Permission denied
(ipc-daemon2) Unable to start IPC-daemon !

Also, I am running Windows XP Professional as my OS.

Regards,

Paul