initdb takes forever!

From: "Russell Black" <rblack(at)iarchives(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: initdb takes forever!
Date: 2001-05-31 01:15:23
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
How long should I expect initdb to take?

It's prints out

/cygdrive/c>initdb -D a
This database system will be initialized with username "Administrator".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Fixing permissions on existing directory a
Creating directory a/base
Creating directory a/global
Creating directory a/pg_xlog
Creating template1 database in a/base/1

It gets this far and then sits there and takes up all my CPU with virtually no disk activity, seemingly indefinately!  How long should creating template1 take?  I've been waiting for about 15 minutes so far

Thanks,

Russ

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Richard ChurchDate: 2001-05-31 02:22:10