Re: Reg : Error Handling

From: "sandhya" <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
To: "Michael Fuhr" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: "postgre" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reg : Error Handling
Date: 2005-10-20 05:00:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

Reg stands for "regarding"

Error in the sence --->
I have a function to create a database and so on...... using libpqxx
library.
And i have a CLInterfacing program through which i can able to select option
which i want to do.
I am able to get the error messages if anything wrong i give......

But the errors are like below.
Say,If i have created a database called "sample" and when i try to give the
same database name to create againg it is displaying message like:
Database "sample" already exists-->Postgresql format
(Here the messages are Specific right)

What i want to manipulate is:
It should simply display
Database already exists --->Format i need
(The messages i need to display generally)

I am able to get the error code as a return value from the function using,
return (PQresultErrorField(res,PG_DIAG_SQLSTATE));
Problem is i don't know how to generalize the messages once i get
this....Pls any one help me in this regard

Thanks,
Sandhya