Connection Pooling Problems

From: "James M Doherty PGADMIN" <jimmyd(at)jdoherty(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Connection Pooling Problems
Date: 2005-02-16 18:18:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I have an application that uses the ODBC interface from a window XP machine. I have set connection pooling on the pgsql driver to on with
a timeout of 120 seconds. This is being called from an Excel spread sheet. When the user refreshes the spread sheet I get hundreds of
connections logged in /var/log/messages from the user. There are about 200 queries which try to execute at close to the same time.

As a temporary measure I have increased the number of simultaneous connections to 500 to support this, however it does not look like
connection pooling is working correctly. Any ideas on how I might diagnose this, or is there a known fix for this type of problem.

I am running 7.4 and 7.03.01.00 of the ODBC driver.

Thanks for any help you can give me !

Jim

James M Doherty
jim(at)jdoherty(dot)net
Georgetown, TX 78626
"There is no luck without discipline" IRISH PROVERB

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Ramon DanieliDate: 2005-02-17 15:06:17