Error on CLUSTER command

From: "Mark Steben" <msteben(at)autorevenue(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error on CLUSTER command
Date: 2008-02-08 15:59:16
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello listers,

I am getting the following error when I attempt to CLUSTER on a table:

 mavmail=# cluster mailer_queue;

ERROR:  could not create relation "pg_temp_752992924": File exists

The 752992924 is the oid of one of the indexes of this table (not the
clustering index)

This apparently is the result of a previous cluster operation that had not
cleaned up properly.

Where can I find this file?  There are several tables that have this
problem.  Do I need to

Do a database REINDEX or some other type of system maintenance?

Again we are running 7.4.5.  8.2.5 scheduled for implementation later this
month or early March.

Mark Steben

Senior Database Administrator
@utoRevenueT
A Dominion Enterprises Company
480 Pleasant Street
Suite B200
Lee, MA 01238
413-243-4800 Home Office
413-243-4809 Corporate Fax

msteben <blocked::mailto:name(at)autorevenue(dot)com> @autorevenue.com

Visit our new website at
 <blocked::http://www.autorevenue.com/> www.autorevenue.com

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential
and is intended only for the named addressee(s). If the reader of this
e-mail message is not the intended recipient (or the individual responsible
for the delivery of this e-mail message to the intended recipient), please
be advised that any re-use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail message is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message in
error, please reply to the sender that you have received this e-mail message
in error and then delete it.  Thank you.

Come Visit Us at NADA!  Booth #5735N
February 9th - February 12th
Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA

pgsql-admin by date