Re: Setting date and time

From: George Weaver <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Manuel Sugawara <masm(at)fciencias(dot)unam(dot)mx>,pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Setting date and time
Date: 2004-01-29 17:28:23
Lists: pgsql-novice
I am running version 7.3.2 on Windows XP.

If I change the system date to a different date on the PC, and query the
database (Select current_date), the result I get is the date on the system
relative to when postmaster started as a service, not the new date on the
PC.  Am I missing something really obvious?? : (

test=# select now();
            now
----------------------------
 2004-01-29 11:25:06.553-06