Re: postgresql as windows 2000 service problem

From: "Laurent Ballester" <postgresql(dot)ballester(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: <kranas(at)freemail(dot)gr>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql as windows 2000 service problem
Date: 2004-07-15 21:36:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

To solve the problem of event id not found, you have to register a event for
PostgreSQL.
This work is done by pgevent.dll you will found in lib directory.

In practice,
Open a "Dos" shell
Go to lib directory (C:\msys\1.0\local\pgsql\lib for example)
enter the command: regsvr32 pgevent.dll

The error message will disappear. You need admin privilege to register the
DLL.

The regsvr32 /u pgevent.dll command will unregister the DLL and delete key
and data insert in registry database.
It works on NT4 too.