Bug? with LF <-> LCR/LF conversion

From: "Miguel Juan" <mjuan(at)cibal(dot)es>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug? with LF <-> LCR/LF conversion
Date: 2004-06-23 09:24:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hy,

I'm having a problem with the LF<-> CR/LF conversion option in the  PostGreSQL ODBC driver. When I use this option I do not retrieve the 'n' last characters of the string, where 'n' is the number of lines inside a TEXT field. And if I do not mark this option, it don't print correctly the new line character (I mean for Windows).

It looks like that the LF-CR/LF conversion do not consider the new characters added to the string and it cuts the string to its original size, loosing the last bytes.

NOTE: With the Text as LongVarchar option active it works fine, but I can not use it due to BDE issues.

PostGreSQL server version:PostgreSQL 7.3.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96
ODBC driver: psqlodbc-07_03_0200

Regards

Miguel Juan

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Jeff StoutDate: 2004-06-23 18:49:13