Re: query performance question

From: "Dave Dutcher" <dave(at)tridecap(dot)com>
To: "'gulsah'" <gulsah_129(at)yahoo(dot)com>,<pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: query performance question
Date: 2006-05-01 00:36:11
Lists: pgsql-performance
You are pulling a fair amount of data from the database and doing a lot
of computation in the SQL.  I'm not sure how fast this query could be
expected to run, but I had one idea.  If you've inserted and deleted a
lot into this table, you will need to run vacuum ocasionally.  If you
haven't been doing that, I would try a VACUUM FULL ANALYZE on the table.
(That will take a lock on the table and prevent clients from reading
data while it is running.)