pg_hba.conf configuration

From: "Paul Wallace" <paul(dot)wallace(at)prosolutions-ap(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>, <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
Subject: pg_hba.conf configuration
Date: 2001-12-19 07:22:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,
Presumably to make a connection to a remote database, I need to start
the postmaster with the -i switch, and configure the pg_hba.conf file? Can
you tell me what needs to be edited in this file please? A single connection
will suffice, ie appserver host to the DB host. Do I add my IP anywhere in
this file? (the file being edited obviously being situated at the DB host!)

Thanks very much

Paul.

Paul Wallace
Concerto Developer/Support Consultant