ODBC access with Windows 2000

From: "Jacob Joseph" <jacobmj(at)geocities(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC access with Windows 2000
Date: 2000-10-04 05:29:23
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello all. I'm having some trouble with ODBC under 2000. I cannot install
the PostODBC driver. It'll get ready to bring up the installation
program(after going to 100% starting the install wizard) and freezes. It
does not recover(even after an hour's time while I was cooking diner). So,
I am left without ODBC access. This is a problem... :)

I've looked on the www.openlinksw.com site, but I am not clear what to
download. I downloaded their multi-tier for the appropriate client system,
but the installation program mentioned nothing of postgres; the webpage
clearly does.

I'd appreciate some help getting this going.

Thanks,
Jacob Joseph

PS, If there's a different method of linking to MS Access, I'm open to all
suggestions.