Re: Trigger trouble

From: "Sandy Spence" <axs(at)aber(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'Rajesh Kumar Mallah'" <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trigger trouble
Date: 2007-01-03 15:51:04
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

when I run the select query I get the following output,

ltt=> select * from pg_type where typname='trigger';
 typname | typowner | typlen | typprtlen | typbyval | typtype | typisdefined
| typdelim | typrelid | typelem | typinput | typoutput
 | typreceive | typsend | typalign | typstorage | typdefault
---------+----------+--------+-----------+----------+---------+-------------
-+----------+----------+---------+----------+----------
-+------------+---------+----------+------------+------------
 trigger |        0 |      0 |         0 | f        |         | f
|          |        0 |       0 | -        | -
 | -          | -       | i        | p          | trigger
(1 row)

I have a feeling that the database owner (ltt) has created their own type
'trigger' and am guessing that at some other time dropped an item (table
maybe) that uses or used an instance of the type trigger.  I have about 100
plus users databases on the same system and it only appears that this user
is causing the pg_dump warning message.

Cheers,

Sandy

Computer Officer, RA Certification Manager
Department of Computer Science - UWA
Llandinam Building
Penglais Campus
Aberystwyth