PostgreSQL DBA/Database Developer, Los Angeles, CA
Open Source Staffing is a recruiting firm who specializes in locating Open Source professionals, has an immediate need for a PostgreSQL DBA/Database Developer for one of our Los Angeles, CA clients.
A growing company is looking to add to its team of leading software engineers who thrive on advancing technology and building the next generation of digital broadcast video systems. The team works closely together, shaping the future of the market with industry leading tools in an exciting, fast-paced, excellence driven environment.
The DBAs functions will include administration, performance tuning, planning, optimization, recommendation, data modeling and development of existing and emerging database systems. The Database Administrator will work closely with the respective business units, System and Network Administration and Application Engineering groups.
* SQL databases such as Postgres and MySQL
* Database development, implementation, and administration in a Linux / Unix environment
* Relational databases and distributed database concepts
* TCP/IP and most Internet services, including: DNS, web and email
* Optimizing databases & SQL queries to enhance performance
* Must effectively translate technical specifications into module design and code
* Strong troubleshooting, debugging, problem solving, and analytical skills
* Clear understanding of complete development life cycle from design through implementation
* Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
Candidates must be local to the Los Angeles, CA area and be authorized to work in the USA.
Please send resume and salary requirements to
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.15.10/263 - Release Date: 2/16/2006
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Anna Antosiewicz||Date: 2006-03-03 16:33:23|
|Subject: Software Engineer Horsham PA position no longer available|
|Previous:||From: George Pavlov||Date: 2006-02-17 20:04:43|
|Subject: PostgreSQL Database Engineer / Operational DBA [San Francisco, CA]|