PQstatus is not returning

From: "Sunil Khatri" <sunil(at)6dtech(dot)co(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PQstatus is not returning
Date: 2008-07-22 15:41:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi,
In my application I need to check connection status before executing the query. I am doing it using PQstatus.
Problem is : PQstatus is getting blocked If the system on which database server is running is powered off.
If I shutdown the database using pg_ctl stop or pkill -9 postmaster in that case its returning.

Is there any other way to check the connection status in this case?

Thanks
Sk

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Sunil KhatriDate: 2008-07-22 15:48:32