Re: retreive record set

From: "Michael GUIARD" <michael(at)nestor-tech(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: retreive record set
Date: 2005-08-01 11:32:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
I understood that I am not supposed to know how PGresult stores the data,
but I do not know how to fill my structure directly rather than to fill it
field by field using conversion.
I saw ecpg gives methods to do this (with descriptors), but I do not
understand all about it, and I think it is too complicated for my small
needs. Further, I do not want to change the implementation of postgreqsl
libpq.

So if I have no other choice than convert all result fields to fill my
structure I will do this ...

...any advices ?

thanks a lot
Mike