Senior PostgreSQL DBA

From: "Recruiter" <recruiter(at)intersoftinc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Senior PostgreSQL DBA
Date: 2008-08-08 16:25:11
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Senior DBA (PostgreSQL)

Position summary

We have an immediate need for a Senior PostgreSQL DBA who can lead and provide the direction for database technology and administration for enterprise databases. In this position you will be the primary support for all development, test and production database environments to ensure high availability, reliability, appropriate capacity, scalability, backup, recoverability, performance, and 24x7 operation.

Required Skills/Experience

* Minimum 5 years experience PostgreSQL DBA experience, and 2+ years as a DBA for large enterprise systems (+1 TB).

* Strong physical database design experience.

* Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability strategies with database systems including clustering, and replication.

* Mastery of SQL (ANSI, PL/SQL).

* Experience in software development using Perl, shell, or other scripting languages.

* Solid background using UNIX/Linux operating systems.

* Ability to perform capacity planning which supports the forecasting and purchasing processes.

* Ability to implement Database security safeguards and audit them.

* Ability to work in a high availability production environment where unplanned downtime is not acceptable.

* Ability to communicate ideas and designs to all stakeholders, including non-technical audiences.

* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.

Location: Portland, OR

Type: Direct Hire/Permanent, Contract-Hire

Target Start Date: ASAP / 2 weeks notice

Compensation: Salary (BOE), plus excellent benefits package (PTO, 100% employer paid med/dent/vis/RX/life, retirement plan, educational allowance, great facilities)

Please send MS Word version of resume to – recruiter(at)intersoftinc(dot)com

Founded in 1985 and based in Lake Oswego, OR, we work with a number of large, medium, and small companies by supporting their need for software solutions and qualified technical professionals as well as providing consultancy and turnkey solutions. Some of the areas we have particular strengths in are software development, SQA, embedded systems, and hardware design. We partner with our clients and consultants to make sure each engagement is mutually beneficial. We offer all of our consultants competitive compensation, medical, dental, 401k, and PTO.

Checked by AVG.

Checked by AVG.