Re: version:8.2.6 pg_hda.conf problem

From: "Phillip Smith" <phillip(dot)smith(at)weatherbeeta(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "'pgsql-admin'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: version:8.2.6 pg_hda.conf problem
Date: 2008-02-29 04:48:07
Lists: pgsql-admin
> I had these in my pd_hda.conf :
>
> host  all  all  192.168.2.1/254 trust
>
> and  listen_address=*   in postgresql.conf, but it still not work .
>
> ps: I can not find tcpip_  ...in  postgresql.conf.
>
> how can i do now ?

Have you started the Postmaster in 'interactive' mode? You need to pass the
-i option to it.

If you are using pg_ctl:
pg_ctl -D /path/to/data/dir -o "-i" start

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - Save paper if you don't really need to print this

*******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************

The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential to
the addressee.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy
or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.

Information in this message that does not relate to the official business
of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed by Weatherbeeta.
Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or associates shall not be liable
for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from transmission of this
message or any attachments
e-mail.