Re: libpq PQstatus problem

From: "Joe Conway" <joe(dot)conway(at)mail(dot)com>
To: <philip(dot)howell(at)cit(dot)act(dot)edu(dot)au>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq PQstatus problem
Date: 2001-03-14 05:17:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> Then I stopped the network (eth0) on the postgreSQL server and hit
<return>
> again and still got
>
> > Connection status... OK
>
> as the output.  However Trying to execute the program with the postgreSQL
server
> offline resulted in the expected error messages, so it seems that in this
case
> the status was detected successfully.

I tried stopping the network on my machine, and was still able to connect
when logged on locally via psql. I presume this is because the local unix
sockets connection still works from the local machine. You might test this
by editing your pg_hba.conf file to disallow local sockets. e.g.:

local        all                                           reject

Hope this helps,

Joe