Re: Disabling bgwriter on my notebook

From: "Michael Paesold" <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Jan Wieck" <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Disabling bgwriter on my notebook
Date: 2004-09-21 09:04:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> What about the original request to turn off the bgwriter?  Would setting
> the delay to a very high value do that?

Setting the delay to the same value as checkpoint_timeout would effectivly
disable bgwriter between checkpoints. This is what I wanted.
The problem is that this is currently not possible, since bgwriter_delay has
an upper limit of 5 seconds. Tom said this could be fixed.

Perhaps add as open item?

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold