Re: [GENERAL] Limitation

From: "John Huttley" <john(at)mwk(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Limitation
Date: 1999-06-24 21:53:37
Lists: pgsql-general

The answer is that you are thinking as indexes in the context of fast lookup
on fields.

However my requirement comes from a need to ensure that every single field
in the
table forms a unique combination. (not my design, I might add)

Now you know why, can you append it to the TODO list?

On thinking about it, I wonder if the same field can appear more than
once in an index. Now that would be weird!