Re: connecting with pgAdmin II

From: "Hari Bhanujan" <hbhanujan(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
To: "'Daniel Lerch'" <daniel(at)mountainmeasurement(dot)com>,"'pgsql-novice'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: connecting with pgAdmin II
Date: 2004-10-14 03:40:06
Lists: pgsql-novice
What are your results for pg_ctl start and initdb  ?

On your linux box check for the following -
Postmaster.pid (Do a locate first)

Make sure that you have the postgresql user into the shell script for
the user that you are using to log into the userbox.

Eg :

/home/linuxuser $ vi .bash_profile

postgrehost = IP address
postgreuser = username
postgrepass = passwd
postgreport = 5422 (If you are using default)
export postgrehost postgreuser postgrepass postgreport

login and logout for the shell script to work.

Hari