Re: copy command

From: "ARP" <arnaud(dot)mlist1(at)free(dot)fr>
To: "Duncan Adams (DNS)" <duncan(dot)adams(at)vcontractor(dot)co(dot)za>,"postgres sql list" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: copy command
Date: 2002-04-25 18:34:09
Lists: pgsql-sql
I think you need the quote around the file name since it's not a keyword and it's text.
Then your dns.txt file needs to be formated correctly, especially concerning the separator : by default I think TABs are used and \N is used to say NULL. You can go aver that with USING DELIMITERS ';' for example and WITH NULL AS '' if your dns.txt look like this :
aeomc04;10.121.4.157
somcmd1;10.121.23.57
aeomc05;10.121.4.162
gsmomc6;10.121.4.154