Re: driver fails to handle strings in query statements properly

From: "Dave Cramer" <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'Barry Lind'" <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: driver fails to handle strings in query statements properly
Date: 2001-10-02 21:49:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I tried it on a table which id was an int

Using "select 'id' as xxx from ..." Returns xxx as an unknown type
Using "select id as xxx from... " returns xxx as an int

I have no idea how the backend handles this, but if it can figure it out
in one instance why can't it figure it out when I put single quotes
around it?

Dave