Remote connections to postgres...

From: "Bob Whitehouse" <bwhitehouse(at)geeknest(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Remote connections to postgres...
Date: 2001-04-23 18:10:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

I need to connect to the postgres server from a remote machine with a Perl
script. If I were on a local machine I would use something like this for the
first part of the connection string: 'DBI:Pg:dbname=name'

Can someone give me and example of what the connection string would look
like from a remote machine?

Thanks, Bob