Re: postgres on redhat 7.0

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres on redhat 7.0
Date: 2000-11-01 13:53:48
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-ports

I wouldn't say ditch out on Redhat because of Postgres upgrades. As was
mentioned on the list before, there is no current silver bullet upgrade for
postgres. Dump, install new version, import old data. I would assume then
that means SUSE would be no better on that regard either.

Also, any bad experiences I have had with Redhat are not with Redhat
themselves, per se. Mainly with RPMs. They really just don't mix well with
applications you compile... OK, and maybe the occasional wierd directory
structure that goes on, but other than that, I still choose them over other
distributions.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company