Re: embedded sql interface to ip address type

From: "Rob Fowler" <postgres(at)mianos(dot)com>
To: "Michael Meskes" <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: embedded sql interface to ip address type
Date: 2003-03-22 02:27:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> What exactly do you mean? A C type for IP addresses? That doesn't
> exist. Right now this type has to be stored in character strings.

Thanks for the answer Michael. That was exactly what I meant and your answer
was exactly what I needed. I thought I needed to bind the address structure
to the ipaddr column but that did not work so I changed the type to text and
converted the address to a char string. Now you tell me it's just text, I
went back and changed the database datatype to inet address and it's all
good.
--
Rob Fowler