Re: PostgreSQL and AutoCad

From: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Ilan Volow <listboy(at)clarux(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and AutoCad
Date: 2007-10-30 23:18:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Ilan this looks promising.

Bob
----- Original Message -----
From: Ilan Volow
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and AutoCad

As I have a vested interest in storing AutoCad stuff in PostgreSQL, I searched for something like this a while ago and I ran across this.. I haven't really had a chance to play with it yet

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxf2postgis/

I'm personally interested in the idea of versioning for a drawing. Instead of storing the entire drawing for each version, one could theoretically just store the vector additions/changes/deletions that happen from one revision to the next.

-- Ilan