Re: performance issues for processing more then 150000 records / day.

From: "Jakab Laszlo" <jakablaszlo(at)sofasoft(dot)ro>
To: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: performance issues for processing more then 150000 records / day.
Date: 2003-02-21 08:33:42
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello Chris,

I mean here 150000 inserts/day ( quickly grows constantly )... - with transactions and on the same table ... maybe after one significant amount of time we can move the records of one year to one archive table ...
And some 2-3 millions of selects / day ...

I would like to know also some hardware related advice.

thanks,
Jaki