Re: Why we still see some reports of "could not access transaction status"

From: "Michael Paesold" <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Why we still see some reports of "could not access transaction status"
Date: 2004-10-14 06:17:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> Having seen a couple recent reports of "could not access status of
> transaction" for old, not-obviously-corrupt transaction numbers, I went
> looking to see if I could find a way that the system could truncate CLOG
> before it's really marked all occurrences of old transaction numbers as
> known-dead or known-good.
>
> I found one.

I was starting to wonder about those reports, too. Actually I was thinking
about bringing this up as soon as I would find time. So I am glad you picked
that up yourself -- and found a problem already.

> I think what we ought to do to solve this problem permanently is to stop
>
> Comments?

Well, I am not able to comment here, but I can say I usually trust your
judgement.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold