Linux, ODBC and postgresql (RPM 6.5.3)

From: "Franz J Fortuny" <ffortuny(at)ivsol(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Linux, ODBC and postgresql (RPM 6.5.3)
Date: 1999-11-13 23:40:07
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

1) I have successfuly started a Postgresql database and copied several
tables from other major SQL servers. Apparently all the data got there
all
right.

2) Using the BDE Database Explorer, I am able to connect from Win32,
however
I have noticed that when the DATA tab is used, my connection to the
postgresql database tends to bring every single row from the database.
With
the other SQL Servers, the connection only brings a few, then some
more,
etc. This is a nuissance, because if one touches the data tab, the
only way
out is killing the task...

3) I have an application, in C, Linux, that was designed to use the
SQL ODBC
C API. This application talks to a commercial SQL Server that supplies
tha
API. I was wondering if it would be possible to compile this very same
code
with a library of an ODBC API that would talk to the Postgresql
server...

Any information in this direction will be greatly appreciated...

F J Fortuny