postmaster.pid left behind after a Windows crash

From: "Jomar Andrade" <jomar(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postmaster.pid left behind after a Windows crash
Date: 2004-07-13 21:00:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Congratulations for the great job on the Win32 port. There are many details to care about during compiling and first installing but, comparing to Cygwin procedures, there´s no comparison.
I´ve noticed that, after a abnormal Windows termination (what happens quite occasionally...) the pg_ctl service doesn´t start due to the presence of the postmaster.pid´s "spectrum" inside the data directory. I worked it out, for now, with a startup script that checks the pid's  presence, but it would be nice to have this check somewhere else (pg_ctl?)

Best regards;

Jomar

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Jochem van DietenDate: 2004-07-13 21:21:41