Re: Fw: PATCH (Re: Startup message issues)

From: "Chris Smith" <cdsmith(at)twu(dot)net>
To: "Kris Jurka" <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fw: PATCH (Re: Startup message issues)
Date: 2004-02-14 14:39:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka wrote:
> Patch applied. In the future please submit patches based on cvs
> instead of the 7.4 code. Driver development is now being done here:
>
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgjdbc/projdisplay.php

Thanks. I had actually submitted that patch for review, though. I'm not
entirely confident that it's correct at this point. All the unit tests pass,
but I'm still thinking about when I said the encoding field to UNICODE, and
learning a lot more about the source as time goes on.

I have just grabbed a version of the driver from CVS. I have a bit of a
conflict here because I'm being paid to get stuff working under 7.4.1 for our
production application; but if there's not a huge amount of effort involved,
I'll try to submit patches for CVS instead.

(By the way, where should I send JDBC driver patches in the future that I
intend to be committed. I've realized just now that I'm the only person
sending them here.)

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation