Re: pg_dump option to dump only functions

From: "Sean Utt" <sean(at)strateja(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump option to dump only functions
Date: 2005-10-30 22:23:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In what might be called my spare time, I was looking at pg_dump.c to see
about adding an option to dump only functions, and I think a comment got
pushed out of place in the section for handling arguments:

395 case 'X':
396 if (strcmp(optarg,
"disable-dollar-quoting") == 0)
397 disable_dollar_quoting = 1;
398 else if (strcmp(optarg,
"disable-triggers") == 0)
399 disable_triggers = 1;
400 else if (strcmp(optarg,
"use-set-session-authorization") == 0)
401 use_setsessauth = 1;
402 else
403 {
404 fprintf(stderr,
405 _("%s:
invalid -X option -- %s\n"),
406 progname,
optarg);
407 fprintf(stderr, _("Try
\"%s --help\" for more information.\n"), progname );
408 exit(1);
409 }
410 break;
411
412 case 'Z': /*
Compression Level */
413 compressLevel = atoi(optarg);
414 break;
415 /* This covers the long options
equivalent to -X xxx. */
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ --------------
This comment seems out of place here. I imagine it once was after the break
for case: 'X': (line411) and got misplaced when case 'Z': was added. Any
other fantasies about how it got here, or where it belongs?

My other fantasy is that it was supposed to go here:
241 /*
242 * the following options don't have an equivalent
short option letter,
243 * but are available as '-X long-name'
244 */
245 {"disable-dollar-quoting", no_argument,
&disable_dollar_quoting, 1},
246 {"disable-triggers", no_argument, &disable_triggers,
1},
247 {"use-set-session-authorization", no_argument,
&use_setsessauth, 1},
on line 248.....

I am not sure where it should go, but it seems pretty out of place where it
is.

Sean