Re: pgaccess/msaccess

From: dwebb(at)cvalley(dot)net (David Webb)
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgaccess/msaccess
Date: 2001-10-30 01:39:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

----- Original Message -----
"Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> said wonderful things:

> No. Postgres requires one of the following:
> *nix computer (Linux, Unix, BSD, OS X, etc.)
> WIndows NT or 2000 server.
>
> Postgres will not, as far as I know, run on Windows 98.

Postgres will run with Cygwin on win98, check recent archives for the
specific version number. I had to drop back a version (of cygwin.dll) or so
to get mine to run. Also important, but somewhat buried is the fact that you
have to install and run the ipcdeamon (cygipc). One little thing that had me
buffaloed was the fact that Cygwin uses Less to a great extent, when pgsql
was giving more than a screenful of info at a time, it requires space to
advance and q to quit the output. simple.