Re: Import from CSV

From: "Phillip Smith" <phillip(dot)smith(at)weatherbeeta(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "'xuan thang'" <xuanthang117(at)yahoo(dot)com>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Import from CSV
Date: 2008-04-08 04:24:34
Lists: pgsql-admin
> When I import a table from csv file by command
> "copy table from './table.csv' with csv header",
> DB Engine add a new line sequence (\n) after a
> new line sequence(\n) in origin data automatically.

Could you do a manual replace afterwards:

UPDATE employee SET address = REPLACE(address, '

', '
');

It's kinda nasty, but it should work...

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - Save paper if you don't really need to print this

*******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************

The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential to
the addressee.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy
or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.

Information in this message that does not relate to the official business
of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed by Weatherbeeta.
Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or associates shall not be liable
for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from transmission of this
message or any attachments
e-mail.