Re: Puzzling behaviour running C Function

From: George Weaver <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Puzzling behaviour running C Function
Date: 2006-03-30 18:04:18
Lists: pgsql-novice
> I cannot find any core dump.  Do I have to change the configuration in
> order to have one generated?

Hi Tom;

Looking over my original e-mail, I wasn't very clear where I was running the
function.  The problem occurs using psql in  a DOS shell to install and run
the function (It happens if I do the same thing in pgAdmin as well).  What
is happening is that after the function is called several times via psql,
the server disconnects the  psql session.  However, if I exit from psql and
the DOS window after installing the function, and then start a new psql
session in a new DOS window, I don't experience any problem calling the
function repeatedly.

Regards,
George