PGLOG problem

From: "Uday" <uday(at)accord(dot)co(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PGLOG problem
Date: 2002-10-21 05:27:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

A simple question but since I'm not very conversant with PG if someone can help me about how to reduce the size of the "pg_log" file I have on my mail server database.

I have a box with RH7.1 for the mail server and a PG database for the mail users and a memory resident program which keeps on polling with the help of the database. This keeps on increasing the size of the pg_log (which goes till probably the disk will be full) after which I suppose I will be in a total soup.

I tried deleting it once (obviously after taking backup) but then the system could not access the database and I had to restore the original.

Please all help will be welcomed before the system goes down. Currently the size of the "pg_log" is approx. 300MB. So it is pretty urgent.

Thanks in advance

-Uday