Re: Data showing up as #Deleted in Access

From: "Zlatko Matic" <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr>
To: "Chris Moore" <chrismoore(at)surewest(dot)net>,"'Campbell, Greg'" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Data showing up as #Deleted in Access
Date: 2005-12-02 10:02:11
Lists: pgsql-interfacespgsql-odbc
Hello.
Just redesign your database. You need to have numeric primary key field in
every table. Don't use any other type as primary key, especially not any
kind of textual fields, because Access won't be able to refresh data
properly and you will face "#Deleted", which is very common problem with
Access/ODBC linked tables. You can find an article about "#Deleted" on
www.microsoft.com, too.
The best way to avoid "#Deleted" is to have a serial field (autonumber) as
primary key, in every table. That will solve your problem forever.

Zlatko