Re: Tutorial ??

From: "Dominic Coallier" <dcoallier(at)shikatronics(dot)com>
To: "paul simdars" <psimdars(at)lisco(dot)com>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tutorial ??
Date: 2000-07-05 13:47:25
Lists: pgsql-docs

Only as a little comment about this message. I'm not pointing anybody...

I am a total newbie with databases but I have been able to install from
scratch PostgreSQL version 7.0.2 and migrate the database we had on 6.3
successfully. Everything I needed to know was written in the little readme
file at src/INSTALL. and since the installation procedures are probably
different from platform to platforms, I guess they could not really be more
specific in their manual. Being more specific would need to have
installation procedures for all platforms ...

So, to the people in charged of the documentations on PostgreSQ:L, I'm
telling you that somebody with no experience on databases at all was able to
install PostgreSQL 7.0.2 and migrate the database from 6.3 within an hour
using those documents.

Thanks guys !