Re: Customised Encoding

From: "kumar" <sgnerd(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)sg>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Customised Encoding
Date: 2004-04-28 06:18:43
Lists: pgsql-sql

The idea is I wanna store any number from 1 to 2^16 in 2 strings only - This
is the requirement.
Since in Unicode a 16 bit is represented in a Single chararctor.
So i wanna convert any number into a 32 bit and then convert each 16 bit
into one char and stored it in database.

So I wanna know how to convert any 16 bit to a single charactor.
Is there any function to do that in Postgres.

Thanks
Kumar