Re: extending functionality strategy

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: extending functionality strategy
Date: 2008-10-18 21:43:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> I think the first thing to do is a quick inventory of the
> lists where we might need to do this.

This is of course needed to be done in order to continue with an item
ordering/arranging solution. But before we continue we should know that most
of the lists we use in PGAdmin are of wxListView type (wxListCtrl) which
have no built-in way to set the item ordering (item index). This leaves us
with a hacky solution which involves using ItemData from wxListItem. This
means that item ordering/arranging cannot be done when one of our
wxListViews uses wxListItem::ItemData. Any thoughts?

Regards,
Gevik
http://www.truesoftware.net/gevik/